“The fish fought like normal, but when I got the fish into shore, I noticed something was very wrong. I originally thought it was a wound from another animal; then I noticed that it was wrapped in plastic. I’ve heard tales of fish getting lodged in garbage but have never seen anything like this firsthand. I was shocked at the state of the fish and the fact that it seemed otherwise healthy.
I released it after removing the garbage for a second chance at life. All I hope is that people start becoming more aware of the effects of their litter. This is a wrapper which takes up no room in your pocket until you get to a garbage can. Please don’t just pick up your own litter but pick up after others who don’t have the same respect. If enough of us do this, we can make a huge difference!”